|Geplaatst op 4 maart, 2017 om 17:00|
VIVIAN KIRKFIELD´S 50 WORD STORY CHALLENGE
“ I thought it would be fun to try to write a story for kids with ONLY 50 words. With a beginning, a middle, and an end. I wondered if I could do it. And then I opened the challenge to everyone. Much to my surprise and amazement, there were 128 entries! A year has past…and it’s time to DO IT AGAIN.
Please put on your thinking caps and get busy writing. You have until March 6th at 11:59pm to post your story. Here are the guidelines:”
#50 PRECIOUS WORDS WRITING CHALLENGE GUIDELINES
1. Write a story appropriate for kids ages 12 or under, using only 50 words…they can all be different words, or you can use some of them over and over…just as long as the total word count of the story is 50 or less.
2. It can be prose, rhyme, free verse, silly or serious…whatever works for you.
3. Title is not included in the word count.
4. No illustration notes please.
5. Between March 2nd and March 6th, post your story on your blog if you have one and want to and put the link in the comments of this post. Or copy and paste the entire story in the comments of this post. I ask for the link so that people will visit each other and find new friends in the kid lit community. Please make sure you put your name in the post. If you have any trouble at all posting the link or the story, please email me and I will be happy to do it for you: [email protected]
6. Deadline for posting the story or the link in the comments is Monday, March 6, at 11:59pm.
7. Winners will be announced in a special blog post on Thursday, March 9.
8. Winners? Of course, there will be winners…and prizes, too!
Here is my entry . . .
THE PUFFIN THAT COULDN´T FLY 49 words
On a distant island
from a sheer cliff,
Peter the puffin
tried to fly.
But no matter how hard
he flapped his wings,
So, unlike his brothers,
down to the shore.
to his joy,
hundreds of birds
with wings like his
By Corine Timmer
Saturday, 4 March 2017
Categorieën: ItÂ´s been on my mind